Here you can find info on the Talent Tampere Mentoring programme. Experienced professionals, mentors, impart their knowledge and skills to aspiring talents at the beginning of their careers.
Mentoring is a process whereby experienced professionals share their knowledge and skills with aspiring talents at the beginning of their careers.
The International Talents’ Mentoring Programme is intended for international degree students and other international talents who are based in the Tampere region and are at an early stage of their career. The programme will begin in the fall and end before the summer break.
Mentoring is a two-way relationship that benefits both mentor and mentee. It offers mentors the opportunity to build contacts with talented young professionals and share experiences and network with their fellow mentors.
In addition to individual mentor sessions, the mentors and mentees will attend group meetings that bring together all the participants. During the group meetings the focus is on networking, learning about Finnish working life and sharing experiences.
For mentees, the programme serves as a confidence boost and gives them a broader perspective on their career options. The programme provides international mentees with first-hand experience of Finland’s typically straightforward business culture with a low level of hierarchy and a chance to grow their regional network.
Tampere University offers 3 mentoring programme in total:
- the International Talents Mentoring Programme
- Mentoring as part of the Hidden Gems programme
- the Doctoral researchers Mentoring Programme
More info about the mentoring programmes can be found by clicking here here.
- develop your communication skills
- familiarize yourself with principles of coaching
- expand your network of professional contacts through other mentors and mentees
- share your thoughts and experiences with motivated students and graduates in your field
- connect with potential future employees and talented, international professionals
- professionals in their own field
- interested in different countries and intercultural communication
- working in the private or public sector
- fluent in English
- working in the Tampere region or readiness to travel to joint meetings
- experienced with at least of 3 years of work in Finland
- still actively in the work market
- committed to the programme