Check If You Need A residence Permit

There are a few things you need to officially sort out before you can start to develop your business in Tampere, Finland. This section includes information on permit and registration process.

EU/EEA Citizens

Enter Finland freely without a visa or a residence permit. If you intend to live and work in Finland for longer than 90 days, you need to register your right to reside in Finland at the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) after your arrival.

Register the Right of Residence
Click here to redirect to the Migri webpages for migration: Migri

Citizens Outside of EU

Finland offers a Startup Permit for startup founders coming from outside the EU. The Finnish Startup Permit makes it easy and fast for innovative entrepreneurs outside EU to build a startup company in Finland and to become part of Finland’s vibrant startup ecosystem. Follow an easy two-step process to obtain a residence permit to move to Finland on the basis of establishing a startup:

1) Submit Your Eligibility Statement Request to Business Finland
Start your journey to Finland by writing your business plan and sending it to Business Finland with your Eligibility Statement request. All the necessary documents can be sent electronically. Click here to redirect to the Business Finland pages for more information: Finnish startup permit.

2) Submit Your Application for the Finnish Startup Permit
After receiving a favourable assessment from Business Finland, your next step is to apply for the Finnish Startup Permit from Finnish Immigration Service (Migri), with Business Finland’s decision as an attachment.

Click here to redirect to Migri pages for more info on the Startup residence permit: Startup residence permit

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin